GREECE DESTINATION WEDDING PLANNING: 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU PLAN YOUR DESTINATION WEDDING IN GREECE
If you’re reading these words, chances are you’ve recently got engaged and contemplating a destination wedding in Greece, or … you might simply be one of us, obsessed with destination weddings and far flung destinations that pack a punch! Either way, allow us a “woop woop” one because planning destination weddings in Greece is our thing and second, because we do have quite the travel bug too!
This year we had quite the fun designing and launching this beautiful website which will be soon filled with more precious insights but for the moment we’d like to focus on things you need to keep in mind before you plan your destination wedding in Greece. Grab a glass of vino and get ready for some good news plus some really useful insights concerning all things destination wedding Greece.
1. YOU’RE IN FOR THE TIME OF YOUR LIVES – We’re a party nation, we’re madly in love with having fun, making noise, staying up till the wee hours, dancing the night, the day and the next night off non-stop, as everything festive keeps us on our toes. You’ll find spots in Greece that pop bottles and places that simply open them, but chances are if you’re setting out to get married in the country of celebrations our dancing, singing, party and wedding traditions are bound to make you want to make each and every one of these ah-mazing times your own. You and your wedding party are going to need tons of fuel to manage your endless and diverse blowouts so here’s the second set of good news.
2. GREECE IS A FOODIE HEAVEN. And we don’t just mean posh restaurants and Michelin-starred chefs. Yes you can find them on every Greek island and major city, in fact if you’ve watched one bit of Steve Coogan & Rob Brydon’s Trip to Greece, you’ve probably kept some notes. But what we’re talking about is the cornucopia of flavors, ingredients, dishes, varieties and types of food and libation available, enough to make Epicurus jealous. From local dairy goodness (there are over 100 different varieties of cheese and over 500 subvarieties) to native cuisine, fresh herbs, veggies, fish, fruit, spirits, ouzo (aka the nectar of the Gods) be prepared to go a size up after your wedding party is over. Many of our wedding couples include tastings and winery visit experiences for their guests as part of their celebrations and we can’t blame you if you wish to go the foodie way.
3. ESCAPIST VIBES. There’s no place to channel escapist vibes more than these parts of the world. Each location diverse and multifaceted, architecturally stunning and completely immersive with a distinctive culture and traditions to explore. Whether you’re a serious adrenalin seeker couple or dedicated barefoot beach lovers, Greece delivers. You’ll find days melting from one to the next under wide open skies and seas speckled with 6000 islands. If it’s not cobbled Byzantine paths, volcanic terrains, or lush mansions it can easily be moonscapes, olive groves, idyllic villages and world-class retreats. Be prepared for some dizzying vistas to dot your wedding portraits, or glittering blue seas for your wedding sailboat to slice.
4. STYLE TO MAKE THE GODS ENVIOUS. Perhaps it’s the cultural and art-inclined drive Greeks live by, or maybe it is that grandeur of the past which melds with modern living standards. You will encounter some serious bold modernity, artisanship, luxuries and design imbued with endless cultural pursuits and sheer vision. Greece is not only about monasteries perched atop towering rocks, and massive marbles dredged from the Aegean. It’s also starlit drama, and lights glowing orange over terraces and fairy-light speckled roofs, it’s sumptuousness or minimalism, the only gripe that allowed really the fact that there is actually too much to choose from.
5. WEATHER PERFECT might just be this wedding destination’s middle name. Our typical Mediterranean climate means mild weather and sun throughout the year and quite the chill on the most mountainous regions during winter season. The high wedding season opens in late March and lasts till late October which means, late May, June, July, August and September are the busiest of months as far as destination nuptials are concerned. Temps can be hot during summer but always be prepared when saying I do in the Cycladic islands as the winds shift and breezes blow all day long.
Wish to find out more about designing the perfect Greece wedding? Head to our contact page and request a complimentary consultation as there is nothing this team loves more than to make things happen!
July 13, 2021