GREECE BAPTISM PLANNING : 8 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PLANNING A BAPTISM IN GREECE
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart, that is why a baptism in Greece is one of the most important stages in a family’s life. The celebration that follows the ritual is a time for the new circle of family and friends to honor tradition and faith, but to also fête, feast and bestow beauty and gifts of life to the little one. Our goal at Simply Unique is to make baptism planning in Greece easy with this comprehensive mini guide. From finding and booking your baptism vendors, to managing your baptism budget and timeline, Simply Unique has all the hacks and planning advice you need.
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF A DESTINATION BAPTISM IN GREECE
- CONSIDER YOUR BAPTISM DESTINATION: Depending on where you decide to baptize (christen) your baby in Greece the first step is always choosing the location. Base your decision on the weather and season (keep in mind that your both your baby and your guests will much appreciate a mild climate rather than an overly hot or windy day), but also try to be realistic concerning your expectations. The Greek islands and the Athenian Riviera not only come with a multitude of locations but with incredibly beautiful backdrops for your baby’s photography and venues where you can easily host your baptism party at close distance. Unlike planning a destination wedding in Greece, when it comes to planning a baptism may also require a private space at close distance with your venue where you can tend to your little one’s needs if necessary. The Four Seasons Athens Astir Palace, Island Athens Riviera and Ktima 48 are definitely prime choices when having an Athens Destination Baptism. Consider your budget, the time of day for your party and your guest count. If you are planning to host a smaller group of guests, then there is a possibility of reserving a private space for a buffet style lunch, while for a larger guest count with younger guests attending, you might wish to consider a wider space.
- BAPTISMS BEGIN IN SYNC WITH YOUR CHURCH: Contact the church office and arrange a consultation with the minister to discuss the ceremony and find out if your family or prospective godparents will require a tutorial prior to baptizing, the available dates and the paperwork required to proceed. Keep in mind to inquire about any likely limitations or rules that apply for this particular church as some come with specifics about photography, videography and spaces the ritual can be performed. If your venue comes with its own chapel then you can perhaps ask your church’s minister to perform the ritual as a visitor.
- GODPARENTAL ADVISORY: Once you have decided about the venue and church contact your baby’s godparents and find out at what extend they would like to get involved in the planning of the baptism. Consulting with them on aspects of the party planning, hosting and gathering will help you decide what other roles you may administer to your close family members. If you wish the godparents to prepare a speech during the feast now is the time to ask them to begin.
- DETERMINE YOUR GUEST COUNT: One of the most important aspects of destination baptism planning is your guest count. If you have family and friends flying from around the world, they should definitely get a heads up at least 8 months prior to the celebration so they can book their airplane or boat tickets. The same applies to their accommodation scheduling and transportations to and from. Among the factors that can help you decide on who to invite at your Greece destination baptism are the amount of guests your venue can accommodate, the number of young attendees and perhaps the separate menu required for the party. Speaking of which…
- PLAN YOUR MENU: If you are to feed a significant amount of guests there are several menus that will make it easier to manage and put less strain on your budget. Several venues in Greece offer baptism menus sure to accommodate different ages in attendance and help you plan your menu. Since your event is taking place in Greece you can spoil your baptism guests with endless Greek cuisine treats and delicacies, from scrumptious Greek charcuterie and amuse bouche, to delectable desserts and sublime tastes for every kind of nutritional habits. Fresh local herbs, mouthwatering traditional dishes and clean, healthy options of meats, fish, sea food, veggies and cheeses will turn your baptism menu to a soulfood experience. If you wish to dash your guests, Michelin-awarded chefs and bakers at your disposal will create the most memorable stations, cookouts and seated dinners.
- A BAPTISM IN GREECE ALL ABOUT STYLE & PRACTICALITY: Melding elegance and style with practicality is what we do best at Simply Unique and our expertise says that creating a baptism party that will be equal parts stylish and kids-friendly is all about celebrating your child’s name the best way possible. While creating an artful scene for your guests topped with floral arrangements, elegant accents and unique aesthetics, it’s always great to offer fun activities for the younger guests. Setting up alfresco areas where games will keep them interested and involved means that they get to enjoy the day as much as their parents mingling.
- GREECE BAPTISM TRADITIONS are so meaningful. From collective prayers to special songs, to festivities, customs and gifting, a destination baptism can include everything each generation will cherish. We love to embrace new family traditions starting just now, so give us a heads up so we can help you initiate your personal one in perfect style.
- LASTING MEMORIES AND BEAUTIFUL IMAGERY are connected. Your baby’s baptism deserves to be held onto and your baptism photographers and videographers will be on hand to help you make the most of your destination and the fact that everyone is gathered around. You can arrange a pre-baptism or a post-baptism shoot as well to not only focus on the day but the feeling. Simply Unique will happily assist you not only to connect with the right fit of a photographer and videographer but also style the shoot and make it truly special.
July 14, 2021